I recently asked the following question on Reddit, "in what way(s) has either journeying through or completing the KonMari Method changed your life"? Of course I had my own answers to this question, but I curious to see what others would share. Perhaps not surprisingly, the replies I received, were completing in keeping with my own sentiments and experience. Below are the top five most popular responses:
- Sense of calm - Having your home filled with only the things that Spark Joy is a solid foundation for feeling an overall sense of control and calm in all aspects of your life. When your home is in order, others things tend to follow suit. For the things that are not in order, most people express that they feel more focused to make a positive change.
- Easier to part with things - Learning through the tidying process of the KonMari Method instills an ease by which to let go of things and to recognize when belongings are no longer serving us.
- More free time! - Time not spent cleaning and tidying in circles, affords us the opportunity to do more of what we want without guilt or reservation. New hobbies and interests because much more recognizable when we have downtime to recognize them.
- Order and organization - Simply put, the obvious benefit of the method is a tidy home. This is the main reason most people seek out and commit to the process. It doesn't dissapoint!
- Shopping with intention - The days of buying on impulse or without passion are over once you start your KonMari journey. You become much more intentional about what you invest in and in turn, are likely to find you shop and spend less.
If you have anything else to contribute to the list, I would love to hear about it! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section of this post.