While going through the my own KonMari journey, I often found myself seeking motivation, inspiration and above all reassurance. In an effort to create an easy source of reference for when I was seeking encouragement, I added a page to my KonMari journey journal (say that 5 times fast) of Marie Kondo quotes. This quote page helped me immensely. If you are going through the KonMari Method, I highly encourage you to create your own list of favorite Kondo quotes. Write them in your journal, include a few in your daily planner, post them on your fridge - you'll be glad you did!
There are a lot of Marie Kondo quotes to be found, but here are a few of my personal favorites:
1. "The best way to find out what we really need is to get rid of what we don't".
A lot of things become very obvious once you begin removing clutter from your home. Things you never thought possible, become options and things you never considered become increasingly obvious.
2. "The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person
we were in the past".
We cannot expect great change in your home or life, if we are not mindful of our own progression and journey.
3. "Keep only things that speak to your heart".
Simple message with a deeply rooted message. Contained in the words of this quote is a tremendous source of power.
4. "The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life".
For me, this quote served as such a wonderful reminder of why I set out on my KonMari journey - to gain order and clarity. Reading these words while I tided gave me focus and continued motivation.
5. "Clutter represents indecisions".
Yes, yes, yes! Confront the clutter and regain a sense of control, it really is as simple as this.
6. "When we really delve into the reasons for why we can't let something go, there are only two: an attachment to the past or fear for the future".
The KonMari Method will essentially force you to do a lot of self-exploration and the final outcome of successfully completing the process will leave you forever changed for the better.
7. "When you surround yourself with possessions that spark joy, you'll create a home and a life you love".
What sounds better then this?!
8. "Cherish the things you love. Cherish Yourself."
Marie Kondo, you are one wish woman!
The latest Virtual Program is here!
This condensed tidying course will provide you with step by step guidance, information and support to complete the KonMari Method in twelve weeks.
Click the image below for more information.